What is Reiki? Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
Reiki is an ancient Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei, which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power”, and Ki, which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.” The result is a deep relaxation that engages the bodies natural healing abilities. Reiki can:
- Balance the mind, body, spirit connection to sustain radiant health
- Promote deep relaxation to engage the body’s natural healing abilities
- Reduce the side effects of drug therapies and radiation
- Relieve pain and fatigue of autoimmune disease and chronic illnesses
- Improve post operative healing and recovery
- Alleviate the stress and anxiety associated with challenging life events, i.e., divorce and career transitions
- Calm anxiety, depression and grief that accompany the death and dying process
- Mitigate the symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes, irritability and stress and sleep deprivation
- Ease anxiety related to infertility
- Heal and repair sports injuries
Margie Ford teaches all levels of TeraMai®Reiki and TeraMai® Secihem. Please contact her for more information on these classes.
While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not. Because Reiki comes from God, many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual concept of it. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.